A Certain Lack of Focus

Friday, November 16, 2007

Drawing of the Day

Continuing the drawing I started yesterday of two boys wading in the water.
I think I'll be finished tomorrow, but we'll see. I've decided to do the tones in ink because it's quick and easy and I'm lazy. Also since it's a b/w photo it probably makes the most sense. This is probably a medium I ought to experiment with a bit more often because in some ways it's very similar to watercolors (though the layering can be completely different) and although I haven't used it quite as often, I'm a bit more confident with brush and ink than with watercolors. Probably because I'm happier working in b/w than in color, and in the case of using a brush (not high on my comfort zone) it takes away a major variable. I thought I'd also give you a look at my work space since I've got everything laid out until tomorrow.
Photo I'm copying is from Through the Lens: National Geographic's Greatest Photographs.

No comments: