A Certain Lack of Focus

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Freight Elevator Photos

A professor's retirement party yesterday evening was held at the Lit in an old building in downtown Cleveland. Matt and I got to ride in a freakin' sweet old freight elevator (operated by a cool looking middle aged hippie) to get to the party. Here are a couple photos:

This one is looking up from the second floor but it actually looks deeper (higher) because there was more light.freight elevatorThis is on the way back down from the first floor. You can't make as much out but I like the composition so I thought I'd share it anyway.freight elevatorI'm going to try to start up my "drawings of the day" again this week, we'll see how that goes. Maybe call it "drawings of the occasional" instead. Most will be new work but I'll keep throwing in some finished stuff from my portfolio and teen stuff from my old sketchbooks when it seems fitting (aka when I'm feeling too lazy to draw something new).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way cool composition... but I'm really glad that you were the ones in that elevator, not me. *shiver*

Meagan said...

Believe it or not, it wasn't creepy at all. I've been in creepy old elevators, and this wasn't one of them. Matt thinks it's because of the hippie guy who was running the thing.