A Certain Lack of Focus

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Casting the line again

So I sent my "Silk Laces" story out to The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction today. As I said before, I think that's a little out of my league, but I figure it doesn't hurt to try (well actually rejection letters do hurt considerably, but maybe I'll get lucky and they'll include feedback!). On the advice of one of my profs I made several edits to the story which actually make it sound a bit more mature (hey I wrote it when I was like 19) so I think I may be able to get it published somewhere. I had planned to send out my story: "Oh the Rats Get into Everywhere" which is a creepy military sci-fi story I wrote more recently, but I'm entering that into some school related contest so I'll wait on it.
I recently wrote a fairly racy story... and I get to workshop it tomorrow which should be interesting. I have no idea if its any good... I've been staring at it for too long.
Finally finished the rough sketch phase of my stupid comic book, next step is doing the watercolor backgrounds. That should go a little faster at least, but I still don't think it will be done before Christmas. Oh well.

No comments: