A Certain Lack of Focus

Monday, December 03, 2007

Drawing of the Day

This is the first conceptual sketch I tried for the cover.
cover1It might be hard to see what I'm trying to do since I gave it up pretty early on. Initially I wanted the figure's head to come almost to the top of the book, with the reflected head a bit further from the bottom. Once I drew it out however I realized that I didn't like the balance of the composition and that I wouldn't be able to get enough detail in such a small area.
book1closeSo on the second I made the figure bigger which also allows me to make the space behind her larger.book2I like this version much better. In fact, I like it so much that although I'd intended to do this with some degree of realism (as much as I do normally in my style) I'm tempted to leave it like it is. Here's a slightly different version, but I like the one above better:book2Any thoughts?

No comments: