A Certain Lack of Focus

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Drawing of the Day

For a while I'm just going to be drawing from photos because my hand is a bit rusty.yodaHere's a sketch of yoda. I copied this from a press photo out of Dressing a Galaxy: The Costumes of Star Wars. This is an extremely cool book that I would highly recommend to anyone who has an interest in extravagant costumes. It's all pretty pictures from all six movies. If you're interested in the actual drawing process involved in costume design a better book is The Art of Star Wars, Episode I which has some fantastic concept art in all areas. The costume god here is Iain McCaig (I want to be Iain McCaig when I grow up). I actually have a hardbound version and paperback version of this book because I look through it so often that the paperback looks well loved.

No comments: