A Certain Lack of Focus

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Blanket

Here's a drawing for this week's Illustration Friday. The topic is blanket.blanketInitially I was planning to draw the blanket draping to the floor around them, but I realized I really liked the effect of peeking through the white paper instead (plus I'm lousy at fabric: practice, practice). Charcoal is a medium that I've always loved the look of but have never been any good at using... I should start pushing myself and working with it more.

*Click on the image to see a larger version.

7 comments:

Designing Fairy said...

Great effect. I like that the blanket is the effect. Nice.

Anonymous said...

Strong contrast and it's all about the blanket. You've captured the word! Excellent illo!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Designing Fairy said...

Hey Meagan, thanks so much for the Photoshop tip. I was able to adjust the pic and it looks so much better! I'm already learning this program. It's a miracle. (Cue the music)

Meagan said...

As much as I hate to support giant corporations like Adobe, photoshop is a wonderful program. Very intuitive and user friendly.

Barbara Hagerty said...

I love the "peeking in through the paper" effect! Great illo!!

shaky mouse said...

great use of white space.. thanks for dropping by my blog, and your kind comments.

Lianne said...

I love the idea of peeking through, such a clever idea! The hidden parts of the scene obscured by the blanket adds mystery to the story. Great job!