A Certain Lack of Focus

Saturday, March 08, 2008

Studio Space at last

giraffeHere are the promised pictures. It's amazing how much a difference it makes having space to work. I feel like I can breathe again. Which doesn't necessarily mean I'm working obviously. Right now I'm more taking pictures of my clean drawing space and feeling really proud of myself. Small steps, right?

The first thing I did on Friday was finally put together the shelves for over the computer. They're made of steel pipe (like my desk legs) and plywood. They're pretty sturdy as a self contained unit, but unfortunately they wobble a little because apparently it's friggin' impossible to get pipes in this configuration level. Live and learn. They're up against the bookshelves though and that seems to keep steady enough. I also went out and got a bunch of these metal mesh thingies to help organize. This, combined with all the shelving and such I already had, seems to pretty much contain all my art junk. For now.meshThese could actually make better file boxes than I would have expected. They look cooler than most file boxes I've seen at any rate.deskMy desk looks like a picture from a storage magazine except the lighting's not as good. It's weird. I'm particularly proud of the gap beneath the bookshelves on the right that let me slide my keyboard underneath, out of the way. Very nice for drawing.catChyna likes to get behind the computer, I guess because it's warm. Apparently when I organized I shifted things around so there's no room back there. Whoops.catSo she stole my chair instead. Yeah, she looks sweet, but she's not giving it up without a fight.stuffThey like to watch.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pipe shelves are really cool!

Amy said...

So organized! Good for you, and good luck on your thesis...

Meagan said...

Thanks Peter, they were a pain to put together but worth it I think. Yeah, Amy the organization scares me. It's SO unlike me.

Unknown said...

You're right--they do look very nice, Meagan. Can't believe I missed these pics earlier.

(Did Chyna win, or did you?)

Meagan said...

I won the battle but I think she's plotting for the next one. Fortunately her brain's not very big so I think I'm safe.